Hosting providers post-Rackspace

I’m looking for fully automated system setup. I want to be able to create/destroy servers with zero work on my part and have them provisioned as soon as they are available.

I am not opposed. Though, we should still host the PACS (orthanc and dcm4chee) on a separate instance from the radiology module.

1 Like

Okay – so merge radiology and toolkit server together; this can mostly be done via CI…instead of radiology.librehealth.io, use toolkit.librehealth.io and we’re good.

PACS server can stay as it is for now. No changes will be made yet – I’ll skim this thread when the time comes and take notes.

1 Like

@r0bby Would it be helpful to start an etherpad list of the desired list of hardware/hosts that would be needed at the new provider? That’d make it easy to check pricing against the full “current demand”…

1 Like

it would – any word of the GCP program for FLOSS projects? I’m kinda hoping for that to pan out.

Expect more on Google at the time of Mentor Summit…

1 Like

I can’t wait.

dances excitedly

Of note …

2 Likes

Sure, but they charge for their services, right?

Tony McCormick, CTO www.mi-squared.com Support: 866-735-0897, Direct: 713-574-6709 My Calendar: http://bit.ly/XznvDo -Verba volant, scripta manent

I want automation. This is my hard requirement.

I promised to share my current costs with Google Cloud Platform. This is September

@rhoyt @yehster @r0bby @downey

3 Likes

That’s not bad. We’re currently okay with Rackspace, they apparently are letting us stay put, but I feel REALLY uncomfortable staying.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hosting for education project systems

Ok, now that we know that has the steering committee determined an annual or monthly hosting charge for universities?

We have not yet discussed that yet.

We have discussed it many times, but so far no conclusions and no votes to move forward.

If LibreHealth can’t do it as a community project I will. $150/m per database. Semester length contracts.

1 Like

This is something that can be done by the community, any costs will be offset by the payments.

That should be about $600/semester which is fair but I am concerned that this may be about the same as the commercial sites. I still wonder about a partner who would cover the hosting fees. The downside would be that we don’t want to give up control.

I thought I would run the $600/semester by my instructor friend at LSSC and here is her response:

Hmm. Is the $150/month per site regardless of number of users? AHIMA sells a direct student access code that I think is about $85 per Student and good for 6 mos. Their lab comes with EHR, two common encode/groupers, statistical package, inpatient and outpatient de-identified medical records, EMPI clean-up software, release of info software, and other features. The site license, though for up to 44 users was about 1200.00 per year.

I can’t see us charging per user…just a simple flat per month. I don’t wanna nickel and dime them.