Hosting EHR Instances for the Education program

Note: all server times are UTC.

Thank you all. It seems to be working now. I have one class of students who will review on 11/29 and another class on 12/5. Looking forward to seeing how the students do! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Actually, spoke too soon. Now I can get into a patient, but some of the drop-down functions are not available (e.g. medications). See error message.

@r0bby Can you upload the changes I just made and run the upgrade script. I checked all the fields in the table and added them.

I had also asked about how to create user IDs and have since found the tutorial for how to do that. Under the Administrative tab, I created a facility for UMD-CP. When I then try to add a user, I don’t see UMD-CP in the dropdown options. I continued and created an account for my co-instructor, as a superstudent, using the Testing 123 location. When I logged in with this ID, I was not able to see the same patient information that I could see when I use my admin account. Question–Should I see the UMD-CP as a facility? Should having a user at Testing 123 location and not UMD impact what they see?

Thanks for your help.

Updated and migrated.

Hi again. I am still having some issues. In the adminstrator view, it is less of a problem. In the superstudent view, many things are not accessible.
-In both views, cannot see Dennis Kelley’s medical problems or his allergy. -For example, on the scavenger hunt, for Dennis Kelley, when asked about his LDL, you can see the lab encounter 31900, but when you click to see the results, the results are not there. -Similarly, for Jimmy Jennings, superstudent view cannot get into encounter notes to find how many units of insulin he takes.

I am also still wondering about whether it matters if I should see UMD-CP as a facility (the one that I created) or if it’s OK to create user IDs with the test clinic location.

Please advise!

@Sandy, assuming you are accessing your site, it is a separate database…so create what you want.

Thank you. Will let you know how it goes.

It appears that there are missing records in the various databases on the demo server, and what is missing varies across the different instances.

A few examples. Jimmy Jennings PID=93, select * from lists where PID=93 site=NHANES there are 22 rows in the lists table, including row ID=10661 for Insulin, Glargine 45 units q day and others for medications, surgery and allergy

site=lssc there are only 8 rows and these are only for “medical problems”

Dennis Kelley (PID=1) site=NHANES No longer appears in patient_data at ALL!!

site=lssc When I clicked the 31900 “link” from the labs entry it created a new/tab window with the encounter, which seems to be a bug. I was still able to open the encounter from the encounters list at the top and have it activate correctly in the same window.

there are zero records for PID=1 in the lists table on LSSC

I am not sure what is going on, but clearly something has caused data corruption.

On the day of my class, I decided to google to see if I could get a little more background on the project to share and came across this page with the direct link to NHANES (https://librehealth.io/demos/) so that’s what we used since the umd student and even administrator access was so problemmatic. In the process, one of my students managed to delete Dennis Kelley. (But also a user-issue that you should know about). I hope that there is a back-up of his information–I feel terrible about this and am so sorry for causing this problem. I do still have graduate students who I was hoping to have do the scavenger hunt this coming Tuesday.

@tony @yehster @sunbiz @judywawira @teryhill @r0bby

Below are the results of the 3 instructors who took the survey. It is unfortunate that U of MD had so much trouble. She had a lot of comments that I will post separately. They were all given copies of the survey to give their students and we should have some data next week, I would think.

Reports_LibreHealth_EHR_Faculty_Survey.pdf (204.9 KB)

2 Likes

Here are the comments from Sandra Saperstein from U of MD:

On the scavenger hunt, my students had the most difficulty with the last section, e.g. who inputs the hours a clinician works, where to give patients access to the patient portal (they could see if the patient had access but not how to give access).

I think a video tutorial would help a lot. Although they had the written tutorial and we walked through which sections they would need to review, only one student referred back to it (and identified it as helpful!). The others just hunted around. That being said, most had difficulty finding the vaccine CVX code, wanted to know the difference between prescriptions and medications (and why were these so far apart), had difficulty recognizing the lock as a way to minimize a window, noted that patient visits and patient encounters didn’t have the same information. Some of their suggestions were to have the ability to hover over an icon and get a little pop-up to see what it did, have a back button within patient sections, have all patient tabs collapsed from the start. Many who clicked the lock button did not find where the screen minimized to. That being said, most have never viewed an EHR before. While most will go on in public health, some students are planning to go on in medical/clinical areas. All appreciated seeing and interacting with this EHR.

2 Likes

Actually, I feel better knowing that there was an accidental deletion as that is a better explanation than a bug in the upgrade scripts.

The simplest way to proceed is probably to reset the LSSC site to a baseline state. Doing so will remove any user accounts you might have created in the past, but it will restore all of the scavenger hunt data. Let me know what you think and I will see that it happens before Tuesday.

How should we prevent this from happening again?

Kevin–Thank you. I am fine re-creating the student accounts. They didn’t take long and I have only 13 graduate students.

https://ehr.librehealth.io/interface/login/login.php?site=lssc

I loaded the database from “pre 2.0” which had all the NHANES data loaded and ran the sql_upgrade script for the LSSC site on the server, and a quick inspection looks good.

Thanks Kevin “adding extra char”

Thanks for the survey results. This is looking pretty good.

I saw there was one issue with finding logout. Should we look at making a change to this or just wait to see if it get’s bigger