Educational Goals

The Firefox browser worked!! The CCD needs to show Medical diagnoses, which it is not doing.

I’ll look around the ACL section and see if I can create a new group (e.g. Super Student)

I think there is one for superuser already or at least it is in the code. Nope it is just in the code.

Yep. I created a new category of student: Super Student that has super user powers. That did give CDR access. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks to everyone’s efforts I now have been able to add a Portal and CDR exercise

1 Like

Here is our draft Scavenger Hunt (25 questions)

Scavenger Hunt #1.pdf (337.3 KB)

Because there has been no action regarding a contract with IBM, I decided to create an agreement (straw man) so we can at least discuss some of the details. The Steering Committee needs to look at this. I have added multiple sentences in red where more thought is required

Services Contract_July_18.pdf (52.0 KB)

Interesting late response to my email came in today

I would love to add my new graduate program in Healthcare Analytics to your Open EHR beta sites!! Any chance of doing so – I start the first iteration of ‘your’ course in September.

Regards, Glenn

Glenn Mitchell, MD, MPH Professor and Chair of Healthcare Informatics Harrisburg University of Science and Technology (cell) 314-681-8878

1 Like

Well, you wanted infomatics and stuff…here it is:

I still have to do attribution changes over about 2500 files for MPL et cetera. I also have to correct header URL’s as I relocated a lot of stuff to a single module, and of course I have to get a pile of items put into the menu so that you can actually see the new tools.

In addition to all the clinical measures (243 NQF, and a hundred+ “premeasures”, as well as specialty sets and the like), there is an xml editor (very useful) MIPS/MACRA xml generator, new provider reports, demo and training database “switchers” and “savers” to load and save different data scenarios, graphical file uploading tools, a lot of trash cleanup.

This should pretty much change the game from an infomatics standpoint.

Does that mean that the tool will be uploaded/integrated with LibreHealth EHR educational version? This might be very useful for teaching MACRA/MIPS to new clinicians, quality managers, etc. What is the game plan at this point?

It means that the game plan is: To integrate it into the main project, or otherwise make it an easily available module. This is due to the fact that every provider in the U.S. needs to either prove that they do not need to report QA measures, or they need to complete and report them. This represents a distinctive advantage over almost all other EHR’s, as this is a far more extensive and scalable approach than is available in commercial EHR’s.

Among the side-effects and additional benefits, it could be used for training and research. It is also a system by which someone may develop and test new quality measures (and submit them to CMS…a nice publishing opportunity); developing them in a data driven environment, and allowing them to produce the algebra logic before the fuzzy narratives, thus promoting a massive advance in the quality of the written standards (NQF/QA measures are filled with self-contradictions and poor analysis…embarrassing really).

The system also has the ability to import billing data files directly into the database, replicating the data from which they originated, yet in LibreHealthEHR format. This makes converting data for statistics very simple.

Finally, it could easily be utilized by any number of companies (or individual clinics) to totally obviate the need for QA registry and HIH type companies like Mingleanalytics.com. Hopefully, this will destroy them. That is the idea anyway.

2 Likes

We don’t have the platform ready now, but I think by the Spring semester we will have it available to build apps. The end of the summer results from GSoC might give us better idea on what needs to be done next.

Can we please look at a Demo?? sounds exciting!!!

Art’s initiative and the API addition would give us multiple new opportunities

I am going to request @aethelwulffe to simplify his messages … always good content but I find them too hard to read :slight_smile: with extra characters for …

@yehster had mentioned that a video might be a quick splashy way to get the word out about LibreHealth Educational EHR. Here is a short video I produced today using Animoto

1 Like

Sorry Judy. I blame my literary influences! :slight_smile: I suppose there may be a mail client formatting issue there too.

My only demo is on an old platform. There are videos of last year’s version (very outdated) on suncoastconnection.com . We should have the module ported and working pretty soon. Terry Hill instantly caught on to how important this is for the EDU project, as well as for Meaningful Use, and is pushing hard to help get it integrated.

1 Like

The short video is great

One thing I missed was that you have trachingcases for instructors … I think that’s such a big and important piece

And maybe as more people come on havesome students and instructors videos (version2 )

We would benefit from having YouTube quality videos at some point. I am good putting together short videos, but hate the narration part. Perhaps we can hire someone but that means more resources

Dr. Bob, Take a quick look at the videos I linked to above if you like, and tell me if you think I would do as a narrator (interim anyway). I am told that I can fake being a calm helpful person pretty well. These were shot from my desktop with low-grade equipment, a one-page script that I couldn’t read without my glasses, and no post-editing whatsoever, but they are representative in a fair light. I don’t mind spending time with people editing screenplays either, if that will help.