Educational Goals

Would be nice to have other interested academic partners, if they want to be part of the work that needs to be done.

@sunbiz

Several universities are trying to get me to join their faculty and one of my criteria will be their willingness and depth to support this platform

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, 4th of July and all. But I do get the notifications.

I had a few conversations with @tony and I think the idea is great and we support it. In more concrete terms, cTakes uses individual text snippets, doesnā€™t matter if they come from a SQL database, individual files etc. We packaged it as a service and it works with both synchronous (REST) and asynchronous (JMS) calls. Working on the anonymizer now.

Itā€™ll take a bit to productize it. Because of the constant changes in the cTakes processing pipelines I think itā€™s more suitable so run it as an external service, part of the mentioned platform. Also, because of difference in pipelines for different needs/users it looks like a multi-tenant model is needed, not supported directly by cTakes.

@sunbiz @tony

I ran across information about a WEKA server option: https://wiki.pentaho.com/display/DATAMINING/Weka+Server

As a non-computer scientists Iā€™m not sure if this helps in any way our desire to integrate machine learning software with LibreHealth EHR

1 Like

Just an update, we have some updates to the NHANES reporting tools that are in review (Iā€™ve been out of town), going to try and get the reviews done this week so we can put them in the demos. cc: @rhoyt

@tony

When you get a chance, please elaborate as I donā€™t know what the NHANES reporting tools look like

Bob, itā€™s what you paid us to do ā€¦ :slight_smile:

@tony

I thought it might be but the activity log and clinic reports are not NHANES specific so that is what confused me. Thanks

More generically the ā€œEducational EHRā€ project, I guess.

Please be aware that e-mail communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa-security@mrsb-ltd.com and destroy this message.

@tony @teryhill @r0bby

I still get inquiries as to how to use the educational version of the EHR. I am referring them to Tonyā€™s group for hosting and have to remind them not to use the Demo for teaching. Can we add some language on the demo site for them to ā€œlook but donā€™t touch?ā€ In other words, donā€™t create new patients or create a new class in the demo.

I think we need to be clear the the ā€˜demoā€™ will be reset regularly and anything they do there will disappear without notice.

That could be added on the front screen of the demo as long as the code for it is separate from the other instances.

What about a general announcement text field in globals maybe, that is normally empty? Then it could be used for other things like scheduled system down noticesā€¦

Tony McCormick Medical Information Integration

Where to display it? Login page?

Thatā€™s what i was thinking.

@tony @teryhill

I think that would be good. BTW, Iā€™ll be discussing data science tools to include LibreHealth at the 2018 AMCIS Conference in New Orleans this weekend. Are we closer to adding the new software enhancements to the demo?

We (the integration team) have been focused on getting GSOC projects reviewedā€¦ the reporting stuff will get attention after the 21stā€¦

Please be aware that e-mail communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa-security@mrsb-ltd.com and destroy this message.

I did a review on it 29 days ago for some things.

What about a banner that persists across page views, above the navbar? Make sure itā€™s dismissable though.

@tony @sunbiz

Iā€™m not sure what the next step should be for the educational EHR. One of my concerns is the impression that larger schools/medical centers already have access to the Cerners and Epics of the world so we are talking about smaller programs. Cost is a significant limitation and I have been unsuccessful in getting an industry partner to defray the cost of hosting, etc. I do have leftover monies from textbook sales, but Iā€™m a little reluctant to spend it without some consensus by the developers and informatics instructors. I could defray the cost to use LibreHealth EHR for some of the universities but that is not a long-term solution. I have not sent an invitation to the roughly 500 Health Informatics instructors that are on my email list. Are there other ideas or projects for which funding now is critical?